Welcome to the #GreenRoutine Community Challenge!
At Green Matters, we’re dedicated to making news and topics across sustainability and innovation accessible to everyone - both online and offline. That’s why we’re launching the #GreenRoutine challenge with our friends at Package Free Shop, the leader in low-waste lifestyle shopping. The challenge begins on Thursday, October 5th and ends on Thursday, October 19th.
How to Participate
Participation is simple! Show us your #GreenRoutine by posting a picture or video on Instagram or Facebook. We've compiled some tips and products below to give you some inspiration for the challenge but please feel free to share ANY way you're living green. To be considered for prizing, use the hashtag #GreenRoutine and tag @greenmatters and @packagefreeshop so our community can see your post.
Win a $100 Gift Card to Package Free Shop
Five (5) of our favorite participants will win a $100 gift card to , the leader in low-waste shopping. Package Free was founded by Lauren Singer () and Daniel Silverstein (), and is located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Hundreds of incredible products are also available .
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Facebook Instagram.
Learn Green: Tips to Get You Started
Live Green: Products We Love
Participants (“Participants”) must be at least 18 years of age. Participants in the #greenroutine Community Challenge (the “Promotion“) will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions set out herein (“Terms & Conditions”) and agreed to be bound by them when participating in any element of this Promotion.
Participants automatically lose their eligibility to participate in the Promotion upon violating (or attempting to violate) of the Terms & Conditions or the spirit of these Terms & Conditions.
Entry. The Promotional Period (the “Promotional Period“) opens at 9:00 AM EST on October 4, 2017 and closes at 10:00 PM EST on October 19, 2017. During the Promotional Period, Participants must post either a photo or video to Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #GreenRoutine and tag @greenmatters and @packagefreeshop during during the Promotional Period. It is the Participant's responsibility to ensure their entry strictly conforms to the above requirements.
While Participants are encouraged to be creative with their entries, Green Matters reserves the right to disqualify as an Entry any post which, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate, including anything that displays offensive or insensitive material. Green Matters’ decision in this regard will be final and not open to further correspondence.
In uploading any post for the purposes of participating in the Promotion, the Participant hereby grants to Green Matters an irrevocable, world-wide, transferable, royalty free licence to use, reproduce, display, and publish the content to any medium, most notably Green Matters’ website and social media pages. By directing your post to Green Matters by way of #GreenRoutine, Participants represent and warrant that the content does not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that the Participant has the full and unrestricted right to transfer the content to Green Matters free and clear of any claims or encumbrances. In uploading material which displays the face(s) of others, Participants hereby warrant and represent to Green Matters that they have the unconditional permission of the featured individual to use, publicly display, distribute and license the photo to Green Matters.
Selection of Winners. Between October 19, 2017 and October 25, 2017, Green Matters, in its sole discretion, will choose five (5) winners. Winners will be contacted by Direct Message to the Instagram account used to post the winning entry. Winners have 24 hours from receiving a notification that they won to confirm receipt to Green Matters. If a confirmation message is not received by Green Matters with the 24-hour window, the winner may forfeit their prize, and the prize may be given to an alternate winner, or disposed of as required by law.
Prizes. Five (5) winners will each receive one (1) $100.00 gift card or Package Free Shop. Winners will be required to provide a mailing address where the Prize may be received. Green Matters does not take any responsibility for incorrect or invalid addresses.
1. All Participants consent to their name, Instagram username, and entries being used in publicity relating to the Promotion as permitted by law. Green Matters reserves the right to publish the names of winners without prior notice.
2. All Participants are still bound by any terms and conditions related to the use of third-party platforms, including Instagram and Facebook. The provisions in these Terms and Conditions are superior to any provision which is in conflict with the terms and conditions of Instagram and Facebook.
3. Participants agree to indemnify Green Matters against, and hold the foregoing harmless from any damages, liabilities, losses, or expenses incurred or arising directly or indirectly out of the participation in the Promotion, Participants’ breach of these Terms and Conditions, or his or her negligent or fraudulent act or omission in relation to the Promotion.
4. By entering into this Promotion, a Participant consents to Green Matters and its appointees using his or her personal data to the extent necessary for the effective conduct of the Promotion which may include the passing of such personal information to third parties, as well as to parties outside the participant’s country of residence. Participant acknowledges that such countries may not have data protection laws equivalent or stricter than those of Participant’s country of residence.
5. Participation in this Promotion is void in any country in which it is prohibited or otherwise rendered invalid by any applicable law or regulation. Green Matters makes no representation or warranty that the Promotion is permitted by law in any particular country.
7. The Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States.
8. The Promoter is Green Matters (also referred to as ”Green Matters” in these Terms & Conditions) and can be contacted via Instagram direct message.